Dr. Sher completed his medical degree at the University of New South Wales in 1991. Following this he completed a Masters Degree in Biomedical Engineering. His research thesis on Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction won the Evelyn Hamilton Memorial prize from the Australian Orthopaedic Association.
His Orthopaedic training was completed on the Sydney Orthopaedic Training Scheme. Dr. Sher then travelled overseas undertaking surgical subspecialty fellowships and is the former Head of the Department of Orthopaedics at Concord Repatriation Hospital.
Overseas Fellowships in Upper and Lower Limb Surgery:
- Elbow Surgery – Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota.
- Upper Limb Surgery – Hospital for Special Surgery, New York.
- Sports Medicine Knee and Shoulder Surgery – Fowler Kennedy Sports Medicine Centre, London, Ontario.
- Ilizarov External Fixation – Lecco, Italy.
- M.B., B.S. (NSW) – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- M.Biomed.E. – Masters Degree in Biomedical Engineering
- F.R.A.C.S. – Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- The New South Wales Medical Board
- Knee, Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- Member of the Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of Australian Medical Association/span>
- Member of The Shoulder and Elbow Society of Australia
- Actively involved in research projects, many of which have been published in international peer journals.
- Knee arthroscopy and ligament reconstructions.
- Joint replacement – knee, shoulder and elbow.
- Arthroscopic and open shoulder surgery.
- Active in trauma management at Concord Hospital.
Public Hospital Appointment:
- Former Head of Orthopaedic Department Concord Repatriation Hospital
Private Hospital Appointments:
- Prince of Wales Private Hospital
- Sydney Private Hospital
- St. Lukes Hospital
Dr Sher is dedicated to the concept of “Life Long Learning and Research” which allows him to remain at the leading edge of patient care and rehabilitation.
Dr. Sher consults from the Concord and Randwick offices.Dr Sher’s website