M.D. (USA), F.R.A.C.S,
Dr. Gothelf received his medical degree in New York at the Upstate Medical Centre in 1995. He completed his Orthopaedic training at the prestigious Mount Sinai Medical Centre in New York City in 2000 and was elected Chief Resident in his final year of training.
Dr. Gothelf completed two fellowships in Shoulder Surgery and Sports Medicine, in the United States and in Sydney. Emphasis was placed on advanced shoulder arthroscopy and the management of rotator cuff tears and instability.
Following the shoulder training, Dr. Gothelf pursued his interest in the management of Foot and Ankle pathology. He completed a fellowship in Sydney which was complemented with visits to renowned surgeons in the United States.
Dr Gothelf maintains his interests in treating conditions of the Foot, Ankle, and Shoulder. As a VMO at Concord Repatriation Hospital, Dr. Gothelf is actively involved in teaching. He is dedicated to the advancement of his field, with ongoing research projects and publications in international journals.
Dr. Gothelf is committed to finding the best solutions for his patients, whether nonsurgical or surgical. He utilises the latest, most effective treatments to provide patients with the best possible outcomes.
- Shoulder Surgery and Sports Medicine – Jackson, Tennessee
- Shoulder Surgery – Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney Australia
- Foot and Ankle Surgery – Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney Australia
- M.D. Doctor of Medicine, SUNY Health Sciences Center at Syracuse, New York, 1995.
- F.R.A.C.S Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, 2006.
- F.A.A.O.S. Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2005.
- ABOS Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2004.
- The New South Wales Medical Board
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Shoulder Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Australian Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Australian Medical Association
- Sydney Private Hospital
- Hurstville Community Hospital
- Nepean Private Hospital
- Concord Public Hospital
Dr. Gothelf consults from Concord, Hurstville, Randwick and Penrith.